Monday, February 1, 2010

New year, new blog!


I have decided to start a new blog. I always start one and somehow in the mix of things, it gets put off. I feel like life has slowed down a little lately though, and my life is not in constant fast forward.
Brad has went from playing a million (ok, not a million, more like 4) softball teams, to playing 1! This is a HUGE step :) We have thoroughly enjoyed having him home during the week! I feel like I am a co-parent! Woohoo for change!
It is also very bittersweet to not have a baby in the house. For the past 7 years, my hip has had a kiddo connected to it, along with a huge diaper bag & the God awful infant carseat. It is nice to know that we can pick up and go without much planning. We can go and eat at a restaurant without worrying about how we will heat up the bottle, or I can go to Walmart without completly stressing about the nasty germ-y people looking at my baby :P When it's time for bed, we go to bed, which has in part the bittersweetness....No more rocking the littles to bed. Of coarse, there will always be nightmare nights, or hold-me-mama nights, but not everynight. This, by far, is my favorite pasttime; rocking my boys to sleep. Life has slowed down in this way as well, no more itty bitty babes...no more waking to nurse every 3 hours...no more sucking boogers out with that nose sucker thingy...no more oragel...no more pacifiers...I could go on & on!
I have also slowed down on cleaning (which could be a cause for concern for some) but I have learned so far, in my 28 years of life and 7 years of mommyhood, that with 3 young kids, what the heck is the point of a spotless house? Brad took the boys to see PaPa on Saturday and I cleaned this house spotless...12 minutes after they got home, it was a wreck again. So, I will let my kids have toys in the living room, I will let them sleep on pallets in the playroom, I will let them lick the cake batter off the spoon, and all will be ok.
My Bradley James has started pre-K! He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2:30. He LOVES it. I think it is so great for him. He needs the structure and interaction with the other kiddos his age. He does so well, and I am amazed at how big he is becoming, and how far we have come. It also gives me & Brady one on one time, which he has never had. He always asks "Where's Bubba" And I say "At school" And Brady says "Where's Bradby?" Soooooo cute!
Anyways, here's to 2010! Let the fun begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment