Friday, February 5, 2010

I've had my moments

There are times in life that something as simple as a song can completly change your life. Today, I experienced this. I have heard this song a million times, and I always love it. It always gives me chills, but today, it was differant. It touched me in a way that it never had. And I realized in my life, I've had my moments.

The song: Moments
The artist: Emerson Drive
The lyrics: "I've had my moments, days in the sun. Moments, I was second to none. Moments, when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do. Like the day I walked away from the wine for a woman who became my wife. And a love that, when it was right, could always see me through. Looking at me now you might not know it, but I've had my moments."
The impact: I am nearing 30 and I finally have grown enough confidence to say that I have had my moments. Moments that I am proud of.
1. The day I delivered my first son. This, by far was the most accomplished moment in my life. 14 hours. Out came the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Brendan Michael.
2. The day I married my best friend. That day, June 10th, 2005 was the most amazing day. I knew that I was with the man that I would grow grey hair with. That day, I had comfort that I would always be protected. I knew that Brad would provide (in way more ways then financial).
3. The day I delivered Bradley James. I felt everything. I got to the hospital at 6-7 cm.
4. The day we purchased our first new furnature. There was something about this day that made me very proud.
5. The day we planned a pregnancy :)
6. The day I delivered my last son, Brady Paul.
7. The day I sucessfully nursed my first baby.
8. The day we paid off our first car.
9. The day my son got Olympian of the month.
10. The day I took the trash to the curb myself :)

These are a few of the moments that I am proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment